- Coverages are broader and specifically tailored to meet the needs of qualified emergency response organizations.
- As a public entity, JIFs are exempt from all taxes, fees and assessments paid by commercial insurers.
- Potential for Return of Surplus as any excess funds may be returned to the members as allowed by regulation.
- Budgets are established annually and property values are assessed on a blanket basis, eliminating mid-term endorsements that may result in assessment increases for typical changes in exposures.
- Workers' compensation assessments are based upon payrolls declared by the member and not subject to a final audit.
- Members have toll free and online access to employment law attorneys that are available to answer your District's specific questions from hiring and termination situations, to FMLA, ADA, exempt/non-exempt, harassment, discrimination, and more.
- FIRST is a member of the Municipal Excess Liability Joint Insurance Fund (MEL JIF). The MEL is the largest governmental property/casualty risk pool in the country with 19 member JIFs representing over 60% of all local governments in New Jersey.